The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Binary Star: noun; a system of two stars that revolve about their common center of mass

Binary Star - Masters of the Universe (2000)

  1. Reality Check
  2. Conquistadors
  3. Solar Powered Intro
  4. Solar Powered
  5. Slang Blade Intro
  6. Slang Blade
  7. Binary Shuffle Intro
  8. Binary Shuffle
  9. Fellowship
  10. New Hip Hop
  11. Masters of the Universe
  12. Indy 500
  13. Evolution of Man
  14. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (part 1)
  15. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (part 2)
  16. Honest Expression
  17. Honest Expression Outro
  18. Glen Close
  19. Wolf Man Jack Intro
  20. Wolf Man Jack
  21. One Man Army
  22. KGB Intro
  23. KGB
  24. Album Outro
Binary Star consists of One Man Army (now One Be Lo) and Senim Silla. They hail from Michigan. Hands down, this is one of the best Hip Hop albums ever created. Masters of the Universe is the mastered version of their first album called Water World (1999). Although these two masterful emcees broke up a while ago, they still pursue solo careers, and occasionally come together to do shows, as they have recently. One Be Lo is the most successful of the two, with releases such as S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. (very good album) and his most recent The R.E.B.I.R.T.H. Senim released an album called The Name, The Motto, The Outcome, but it wasen't too popular. To me they preform best together, they are like Q-Tip and Phife Dog from ATCQ. Lyrically, these two are skilled, extremely skilled, they spit some of the best rhymes I've ever heard.
"Bio-hazardous agent on Sillas airborne
Infectuous rhyme lectures spit quick and effective
Dangerous, lethal languages of slang could kill
Murder he wrote, an assassin would remain my skill
Senims a rough son of a gun keep razors under my tongue
Strike with enough force to puncture a lung
Im lyrically harmful, literally speaking
Emcees Im proud beatin, demeanin and ill treatin
Get introduced to mines and meet your demise
I despise rap guys and all they whack ties
Cause in my eyes, all men are not considered equal
Especially if you ain't one of Binary's people"
They are hands down, the best duo to make an album. I have no favorite song on this album...simply because the whole album is amazing. Certain songs show more skill than others such as KGB, which features 6 other artist such as Elzhi, and J.U.I.C.E, Masters of the Universe, which shows the chemistry between Senim and One Man Army, Fellowship with the Athletic Mic League, Honest Expression, Conquistadors...who am I kidding? The whole album is amazing. Download it if you don't have it.

Get It!

No comments: