The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I think this music is quite [Substantial]

Substantial - Sacrifice

1. Introduction
2. Let It Go
3. That Damn Good
4. Chain Reaction
5. Resurrection Of The House Party
6. U Can Get It / This Instrument (Interlude)
7. My Favorite Things Ft Steph
8. 4dozdatdonkno
9. It's You (I Think) / Go Wait (Interlude)
10. Spaticus (Spit 4 Spat)
11. A P.G. Boy
12. The Wake Up Call / Another Day On The Plantation (Interlude)
13. Labor Pains
14. QT (Quality Time)
15. Sign Language Ft Extended Famm
16. Hood Hope Ft Steph & Rnb / (Bonus) Sacrifice Ft DJ Kool Herc

Remember I mentioned this guy Substantial in my previous Nujabes post? Yeah this is the guy I was talking about. If you liked the songs with him, you should like this album, although the beats are different. Hes a really good artist, and is affiliated with the QN5 group that includes Tonedeff, and Extended Famm. I haven't thoroughly listened to this release, so I can't really say much about it. What I can say is that Substantial is a very good lyricist. If you want to find out how he sounds, download it and listen for yourself or check out the video below.

Ressurection of the House Party


Get It!

No comments: