The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Monday, July 21, 2008

Metaphorical Music; Sounds good to me

Nujabes - Metaphorical Music

1. Blessing It (Remix) (3:23) [Featuring] - Pase Rock & Substantial
2. Horn In The Middle (4:08)
3. Lady Brown (3:18) [Featuring] - Cise Starr
4. Kumomi (3:53)
5. Highs 2 Lows (4:38) [Featuring] - Cise Starr
6. Beat Laments The World (4:22)
7. Letter From Yokosuka (3:10)
8. Think Different (3:17) [Featuring] - Substantial
9. A Day By Atmosphere Supreme (3:59)
10. Next View (4:35)
11. Latitude (Remix) (3:56) [Featuring] - Five Deez
12. F.I.L.O. (3:31) [Featuring] - Shing02
13. Summer Gypsy (4:19)
14. The Final View (3:35)
15. Peaceland (5:33)

Since this guy has quite a few albums out, I'm going to start you out with what I started out with. I first discovered Nujabes out at Welcome to Real Hip Hop, and with that I discovered an entire world of jazzy, beat breaking, table turning, Asian made hip hop. This is another one of the first albums that got me started, filled with tranquil oriental influenced beats and rhythms, and also quite a few guest artists such as Substantial, Five Deez, Shing02, Pase Rock, and Cise Starr. All of them aren't quite known but they are pretty exceptional, especially Substantial, and Cise Starr. Nujabes is a master DJ, and in my opinion one of the best japanese artists out there. Look out for the following tracks: Belssing It, Lady Brown, Kumoni, Letter From Yokosuka**, Think Different, A Day by Atmosphere Supreme, Next View, and F.I.L.O.

Get It!

No comments: