The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom pow pow"

Since there's been a Hip Hop drought lately, I think I'll fill you guys in on my interpretation of this Kid named Cudi. So I've been listening to Kid Cudi non-stop lately. I don't know what it is about this cat, but the music that he makes is so different, it's like a vacation from the norm. I can't really explain his music, It's so catchy that you can't stop listening to him. According to his website, his music "fuses alternative rock, hip hop and occasionally R & B, to form feel good and emotionally conscious records." Now I'm not saying that he's the best lyricist I've heard this year (that has to go to Jay Electronica, sorry Cudi) but his music does have this sort of hypnotic quality. I can guarantee you that you will find yourself singing along after a couple of listens, I know this from experience haha. If you don't believe me check out his myspace, and download his mixtape. I believe that Kid Cudi, along with, Jay Electronica, The Cool Kids, Wale, and a few other up and coming artists are going to provide a new and different dynamic for Hip Hop. Look out for this cat in the future, he's going to be big.

Feel free to leave me comments on what you think about him, or this post.

"I hear them talking pimpin' they like who this Cudi nigga? I am the epitome of what you aim"

No comments: