The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. Interview

What's up guys, this is Jay from Morning Tilts

I recently caught up with P.H.I.L.T.H.Y., an artist out of Michigan, and got an interview. Here's a snippet:

So let's start off with a little introduction. A lot of people may not know who you are, can you inform them?

My names P.H.I.L.T.H.Y. Just a young artist from Lansing Michigan Trying to make powerful music and have fun with it.

That's one thing that listeners really take note of when they hear your tracks, you seem to always have a message, yet you make it in a fun, and uplifting way. What's inspired you to make music that way?

First and for most God This talent is a Gift and I just want to use it the right way but I mean its not even needing inspiration to make the tracks fun I just truly encompass my personality on the track I'm way pass caring what people think of me I'm like if you aint trying to have some f-u-n f-u then lol

So you're currently working on an EP with Jansport J, how's that going?

I've got about 80 % of it written just gotta finsish a couple songs and start recording its looking real nice should be out late08 or real early 09 Its gonna be crazy

Check out the rest of the interview here


-Jay "Shogun" Santos
The Morning Tilts

No comments: