The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Monday, August 25, 2008

We Here

Check this unreleased Dilla beat. This should lighten up your day. Illa J comes correct over his brothers beat. This is coming off his next release Yancey Boys LP.
"We Here is a celebration of waking up every day. Why not live out your dreams, why not try? Of the lyric ‘Let’s go crazy/ You saw Purple Rain’ Illa J explains: “It’s like Prince asking ‘Are we gonna let the elevator break us down?’ Naw, let’s go all out! One of the things I learned from my brother is that you don’t get that much time, so make the most of it. That’s why I’ve decided to dedicate my life to doing what I love: music." - Illa J
Illa J - We Here (prod. J. Dilla)

Props 2dopeboyz

2 comments:

Francis Vallejo said...

I went to high school and was on the bball squad with John Yancey aka Illa J. It's bananas to see him now.

Thanks for the shout out and post man. You hear the new Danny Swain?

Optimus Prime said...

That's pretty baller that u knew him haha. Danny Swain? nah havent heard of him, i'll check him out though.