The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Fly Emcee

Apani B. Fly Emcee - Story 2 Tell

1. Assimilate
2. Spot me (feat. Sara Kana)
3. Niggas
4. Alright (feat. Chicos Son, Sekou720, Lee Bougalou, Kojoe)
5. Picture this
6. The Epidemic (feat. Jean Grae)
7. Revolution
8. A million eyes (feat. N'didi)
9. Ichinisan (feat. Kojoe)
10. Right the wrongs
11. Tequila (feat. Frank Cilva)
12. 6pm cool down
13. Suckafree
14. Abracadabra
15. Stay up (feat. Monet)
16. No matter -Bonus Track-

Apani B. Fly Emcee is one of the few female emcees out there, and quite elusive I might add. I'm lucky to have come across this while surfing the web for new music. I don't know if I would call it rapping, what she spits is more like poetry. Her rhymes kick like crazy. I've been feelin' her lyrics since I first heard her on Nujabes' Modal Soul LP. She also caught my attention with that track she did with MF DOOM aka Viktor Vaugn Let Me Watch. Anyway she's an amazing lyrical artist, and her beats arent too bad either. Dont sleep on this!

Get It!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like Apani, check out the 1998 "Hip Hop Independents Vol 1" compilation on Nervous Records. Her song "The Woman In Me" is amazing.

And here's a link to a single she dropped later that year. The song "Estragen" is more of a female posse cut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDc-QaS3XCw