The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I skydive upwards.

This track is from Nero over at TheWaveClub. Its pretty dope, I'm really feeling his lyrics...big ups to Nero!
the day that it began i ran, but i resurface
among the people that i beeseched through all my verses
my purpose is to enlighten when writing beat the serpents
in turn i get the boot, i burn but its the fruit
of my creation coming to a pass, stunning through the glass
i observe my words back, oh word you heard that
i get absurd black, out, and swerve i swerve
the nerve of the peanut gallery, sadly
but we must rally against the darkness
volunteer my heart until im heartless
willing to be the martyr, but i shall not barter
i want the entire no i do not want a part of her
i skydive upwards, a shooting flight, every night
most dont comprehend allude that its too bright
but the allure keeps calling me back, and every track
is like a parachute, please pull my cord
tell me i cannot do it, tell me that i will lose
tell me that im wasting my energy when i peruse
hate on the path i choose, to move fast with
so enthusiastic are the irrelevant and zealous
eclectic, electric, eccentric
is what they chant upon my exit
next scene is the dream, so please keep tryna hold me down
i will elevate, whether you do or dont celebrate
i proved them wrong when they told me that i couldnt rap
i proved them wrong when they told me that my gear was wack
i proved them wrong when they told me i’d adhere to black
stereotype facades, so baby theyll applaud
at the end of this march, the daykeeping starts
the sunshine captured in my shirt pocket, becomes released
so even in the midnight hour i dont cease if lumination shall decrase,
so the plane is directly above the bullseye
so excuse me while i descend amongst a full sky
its time for me to fly away from this mass slump
i shooting star pressure through it on my last jump
Nero - Skydive

No comments: