The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Keepin up with the Jonesz

The Jonesz - Season One

1. The Pilot
2. Sneakers N Heels
3. Blueberry Hotel pt. 1
4. Blueberry Hotel pt. 2
5. Guess What
6. Lemonade
7. Super8Supperclub
8. Skywriter
9. Interlude
10. On The Go
11. Mount Real Habitat
12. Interlude
13. Next Best Thing
14. Alice
15. With G ft. Golden Boy
16. Kill Mics
17. TeleDiscomusic
18. Shoutro
19. Guess What (Think Twice Remix)

Here's some new music that I found. This duo likes to call themselves The Jonesz. They're based out of Montreal, Canada. Don't underestimate them because they're from Canada, some dope hip hop comes out of that country. Well anyway, these guys have a chill sound, ideal for brooding/thinking, as well as night time listening. I'm not too sure which one the emcee is, but I'm guessing that it's Jesse Maxwell. Maxwell has a style kind of like Effect from Canto I, but different still...in some songs he sounds like everything he says come off the top of the dome, which is very refreshing. I enjoy this album, and I just downloaded it. The first track caught me immediately. So if your looking for something new, jump on this right now.

Get It!


the Jonesz "Season One" on P-Vine Records (JAPAN) from Sixteen Pads Films on Vimeo.

No comments: