The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Monday, September 29, 2008

Manic Mondays #5: Hip Hip President

"I wrote this song from the perspective of myself running for the position of Hip Hop President...most people are aware that not only is the economy in a recession, but so is Hip Hop...album sales continue to suffer, while certain rappers(old and young)continue to put out terrible albums when they should retire...I have the utmost respect for the Hip Hop pioneers that paved the way for us...however,there are certain artist that have seen their day and although they have had their time to shine, they refuse to step down and let the next generation take over...I feel a song like this is long over due...most artist talk about this when I see them, but they are too shook to make a song like this because they are dick riders and puppets in this industry...but to be honest I never gave a fuck so here you have it...the undisputed truth...so who ever is presently in office putting out tired ass albums while killing the Hip Hop industry, step down." -K. SPARKS

K. Sparks - Hip Hop President

No comments: