The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Movie Review: Burn After Reading


"I thought you might be worried...about the security...of your shit..."


Last night I went to see Burn After Reading with a few of my friends. I've been waiting for this movie since I saw the trailer. After No Country for Old Men, the Coen brothers take a turn and instead create a comedic and witty movie basically on stupidity. I'm sure that if you dig a bit deeper, you'll find this movie somewhat satirical in the way it portrays the government in the end. It has a very complicated storyline where it goes from character to character, non stop switching. It's hilarious too see the situations that Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and the rest of the cast get themselves into.

Basically the story is about two greedy fitness gym workers who find a disc of secret CIA files, the CIA analyst who owned the disc and is being black mailed, a circle of sex and deceit, and each characters individual idiocy. In this movie everyone is some sort of idiot. It was so bad that after reviewing the script, Brad Pitt suggested that he wasn't the right guy to play Chad on account of the characters stupidity, but the brothers insisted.

The movie starts out kind of slow, introducing each character and their motives/issues, but it gradually builds into a "clusterfuck" of situations that all tie in together at the end. Overall this film had me and the rest of the audience cracking up non stop. The characters are what give this movie it's hilarity, and appeal. If you're looking for a movie to watch on your first date...this isn't it, I recommend seeing this movie with your friends, or at least make sure your date has a good sense of humor.



3 Thumbs up (out of 4)

No comments: