The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Absent With Out Leave

AZ - A.W.O.L.

01. So Sincere
02. Never Change
03. New York (Feat. Raekwon & Ghostface Killah)
04. Can't Stop
05. Still Alive
06. AZ's Chillin'
07. City Of Gods
08. Street Life (Feat. Half-A-Mil & Begetz)
09. Bedtime Story
10. The Come Up
11. Envious (Feat. Bounty Killer)
12. A.W.O.L.
13. Live Wire, Magic Hour & The Truth (Bonus Tracks)

I've been listening to AZ a lot lately, and I've had this album for a while. You may know him by way of Nas' Illmatic song "Life's A Bitch". I recently started downloading AZ's discography, and I've concluded that this album is my favorite. A.W.O.L. has that up beat, head bobbing feeling that you get when listening to Nas'. I don't really have much to say about it, but if you have never heard of AZ...please download this, it's for your own good. I'll probably be posting up a few more albums from this cat such as his very first album Doe or Die, which is a cult classic, so look out for that.

Get It!

"Far as poetry I'm Nas, Biggie, Jay, Mos def/Rakim, Kool G Rap, Kane, KRS"

No comments: