The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Monday, October 27, 2008

"Got me thinkin on a higher algebra"

AZ - Doe or Die

1. Intro
2. Uncut Raw
3. Gimme Your's [Featuring] - Nas
4. Ho Happy Jackie
5. Rather Unique
6. I Feel For You
7. Sugar Hill
8. Mo Money, Mo Murder "Homicide" [Featuring] - Nas
9. Doe Or Die
10. We Can't Win
11. Your World Don't Stop
12. Sugar Hill (Remix)


Here's AZ's debut album. Now I know I said that A.W.O.L. was my favorite AZ album...but this one meets the same criteria. The lyricism is amazing, better than that of A.W.O.L. I love the 90's feel it generates. In my opinion this is one of the best hip hop releases of the 1990s along with Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt and a few more. In fact, come to think of it, This album has a mixed feel of Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt. It has a mix of that mind blowing Nas lyricism, and those pimpish laid back Jay-Z instrumentals. But thats just my opinion, all I know is that this is an album for the ages. Get at it if you dont already have it.

Get It!

No comments: