The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Roots annonce a new album...!!!

n speaking with XXL Magazine the other day, The Roots revealed plans for their ninth studio album to be released this summer. The Legendary just don't stop! Black Thought tells XXL that the new album will be called How I Got Over, a celebratory album which will reflect the story of triumph that is The Roots. The title is a direct reference to the gospel song by Mahalia Jackson that shares the same name, and was the initial inspiration for the record. For more on The Roots, their newest move to late night TV, and their weekly jam session in NYC, read the full article here.
Hip Hop and ya don't stop!

No comments: