The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Friday, June 20, 2008

Its Crown City Yall!


Crown City Rockers - Earthtones

1. Intro
2. Another Day*
3. Balance (feat. Scarub)*
4. Sidestep (feat. Destani Wolf)*
5. Interlude
6. B-Boy*
7. Fortitude (feat. Gift of Gab)
8. Maxlude
9. Fate
10. Culture*
11. D minor Nine*
12. Simple*
13. Heat
14. Earthtones*
15. Interlude
16. Without Love (feat. Zion)*
17. Something Pt. 3
18. 10:53
19. No Sense*


Well ever since my brother introduced me to this gem of hip hop, I've been hooked. Ive marked the best songs on the album (best songs in my opinion). They're a really good mix of hip hop and jazz. Each song is recorded live, kinda like The Roots. The group consists of Raashan Ahmad (emcee), Kat010 (keys), Max Mcveety (Drums), Woodstock (beat machine), and Headnodic (Bass). These guys used to be known as Mission before their other emcee (Moe Pope: you'll see a few posts from him on here soon) left the group. Ill probably post some more from them later, but this is just to get you started. Below is the video from their single "B-Boy"


I LOVE BEING A B-BOY!




Get It!


No comments: