The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (may contain spoilers)


"You woke up the baby..."

Okay people, life is not only about speaker poppin Hip Hop (although it is a major part), it's also about eye popping movies...and books.....sometimes. So the most recent movie I've seen is Hellboy II: The Golden Army (which was a few hours ago). Well...I thought this movie was AWSOME. If you like the comics, you definitely will not be disappointed. The basic story is about hells spawn who is taken in and cared for by a professor. Eventually he grows up and becomes a part of a secret government organization called B.P.R.D. (Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense). In this movie Hellboy must defend humankind from an indestructible golden army. The storyline is naturally more complicated, but that's just the gist of it (I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it). All in all, its a action packed comic book movie, that is directed by the same mind that brought you Pans Labrynth (Guillermo del Toro). A must see for comic book fans, no doubt about it.


3 thumbs up! (out of 4)


P.S. - I will not be doing this regularly...just when I see a movie that is worth the trouble.

No comments: