The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Friday, August 22, 2008

The Fall of Rome

I knew this would come one day. What's successful emcee without his own clothing line haha. Lupe the Fiasco is coming out with his own called "Fall of Rome". It's bound to be pretty expensive so brace yourself when you see the prices but for now here's what we know about the line so far...
Colorful rapper Lupe Fiasco is set to go all-black to launch a new fashion line. All items in the rapper’s upcoming Fall of Rome catalogue will be black - and that’s all the hitmaker will wear once the line hits the market later this year (08). He says, “When your game is to sell clothes and for people to believe in you your brand and to push your brand, you keep your game fare on.” And Fiasco, real name Wasalu Jaco, tells Complex magazine his new fashion line even has an historical origin: “The logo for it is this broken statue that was pushed down when Rome was invaded; it represents the decay of beauty. I give my clothing a story. I create a purpose for it.”

No comments: