The Stop

"I spit that uptown-body-rock-rolley-hop, and will a nigga ever shut me down? prolly not. Cause ever since I was a young lad I crushed emcees, kickin' ass takin' names at the trolley stop."

- Jay Electronica

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Roots dig deep

A.T.B.A.N. KLANN - Grass Roots (1992)

1. Open Your Mind
2. Goin' For A Ride
3. Lord Of The Flies
4. Adidas
5. Mountain Top
6. Quid Pro Quo
7. No Sequel
8. World's Gone Mad
9. Rain On Me
10. Dedicated
11. Styles Are Critical
12. Puddles Of H2O
13. Focus On You
14. Strolling
15. La Borio Woman Beater
16. Let Me Get Down

Some of you may recognize those faces above, yes they are Apl.de.ap and Wil.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas. Surprised? Well this is Black Eyed Peas before they recruited Taboo and Fergie, and way before they crossed over to the pop section of the record store. This was supposed to be their debut album, but the project was set aside after Eazy-E's death (who produced a couple of the tracks). The album has a style very reminiscent of The Pharcyde. They have a very quirky, funky, and jazzy style. I just downloaded this rare album, so I suggest you do the same.

Get It!

No comments: